[Pacemaker] Backport from Pacemaker 1.0 to Heartbeat 2.1.4

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Oct 27 07:50:58 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-24T15:02:48, Junko IKEDA <ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this issue has already discussed here or Heartbeat mailing list,
> But I'd like to make sure this again.
>
> I found some undesirable behaviors using Heartbeat 2.1.4,
> and I confirmed that these behaviors are fixed with Pacemaker 1.0 (+ OpenAIS
> 0.8 from open suse build service).
> These problems seem to be related with clone setting.
> Is it possible to backport from Pacemaker 1.0 to Heartbeat 2.1.4 if I post
> the logs?
> Or is the upgrading to Pacemaker only recommended way?

We won't be backporting anything short of extremly critical fixes (such
as security issues) to 2.1.x at this time, as 2.99.x+pacemaker is a 1:1
replacement.

(That is true for the community releases; if necessary, SLE10 SP2
customers will get updates via support+maintenance. But since we'd
rather not work on 2.1.x any more, we only do this if bribed ;-)

Regards,
    Lars