[Pacemaker] advisory colocation constraint group->service

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at linbit.com
Wed Oct 15 12:28:37 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 11:52:49 Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2008, at 5:31 PM, Andreas Kurz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have another constraints problem with a Heartbeat 2.1.3
> > installation and I
> > wonder where's my error in the configuration.
> >
> > I want to make an advisory colocation of a group of six IPs with a
> > service but
> > when I stop (target_role=stopped) the service, the group is also
> > stopped:
> >
> > * default-resource-stickiness 10
> > * all services are started on the same node
> > * no location constraints
> >
> > <rsc_colocation id="ips-colocate-with-srvA"
> >   from="group_ips" to="srvA"
> >   score="1"/>
> >
> > Is an advisory colocation constraint between a group and a service not
> > supported?
>
> It should work.
> Can you send me the "cibadmin -Q" output just before you set
> target_role=stopped please?

I attached the cib ..... when I stop e.g the resource "service_ip_upc" all
services that are advisory colocated to this service are also stopped
additionally also the following colocation constraint is not working:

<rsc_colocation id="bgp-upc-colocated-with-bgp_telekom"
	from="service_bgp-upc"
	to="service_bgp-telekom"
   score="1" symmetrical="true"/>

If I remove these two colocation constraints
named "ips-colocate-with-bgp_telekom"  and "ips-colocate-with-bgp_upc" the
constraint above works again.

Thx&Regards,
Andreas

: Andreas Kurz
: Tel +43-1-8178292-64, Fax +43-1-8178292-82
:
: http://www.linbit.com

This e-mail is solely for use by the intended recipient(s). Information
contained in this e-mail and its attachments may be confidential,
privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby formally notified that any use, copying, disclosure or
distribution of the contents of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is
prohibited. Also please notify immediately the sender by return e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.