[Pacemaker] How to get supported meta attributes?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Oct 13 14:43:02 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-06T08:38:04, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We previously discussed changing the configuration so that it was
>>> possible to validate the meta attributes, but in the end decided
>>> against it.
>> Maybe we could use meta-data instead of schemas to define them ?
>
> That just creates one more place to maintain it I'm afraid.
> The PE doesn't need it and the CIB wouldn't be using either (since
> validation is done with schemas).

But surely every pengine process knows which meta_attributes it would
consider "valid" for a given resource class
(primitive/clone/master_slave). Would it not be possible to enumerate
them in the meta-date call, so that the GUI has more hints?

Afterall, all data is available in include/crm/msg_xml.h - could that be
changed to an array which could be dumped via pengine metadata, or to a
public .h which the mgmtd/CLI could include during build?

Clearly, being more assisting to the UIs would be helpful ;-)

One imagines that with a real parser for them, some code even could be
consolidated to check their values etc. Just thinking. Nothing urgent
;-)

Regards,
    Lars