[Pacemaker] Order Constraint for: stop rscA only when rscB is running ?

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:43:05 EDT 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Andreas Kurz wrote:

> On Thursday 09 October 2008 13:58:26 Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>>> Yes, I expected a loop and I had a slide hope there is some
>>> cool "prevent-loops" logic available ;-)
>>
>> Possible in theory - but there is no way to know where the "right"
>> place to break the chain is.
>
> Maybe using the priority of the resources to break the chain?

Still wont help you, since every link in the chain is "required".

>>> The reason is that first rscA then rscB ist stopped ... so they are
>>> both down
>>> before they are restarted in this order on the other node.
>>>
>>> The idea is ... in case of a manual switchover of all services from
>>> nodeA to
>>> nodeB during regular failover tests, rscA should be stopped on nodeA
>>> _after_
>>> rscB is already _started_ on nodeB.
>>
>> But in normal operation rscB should start after rscA?
>
> This is not necessary, the should run together on one node in normal
> operation, for a short period of time they can run on different
> nodes ... the
> only realy demand is: keep at least one of these resources running

Then just this constraint should work should it not?

If A and B are both restarting, then A will always wait for B to be
active.
If only A is restarting, then B will still be active.
If only B is restarting, then A will still be active.

If A and B are stopping, the constraint is ignored.
If A is stopping, and B remains (in)active, the constraint is ignored.
If B is stopping, and A remains (in)active, the constraint is ignored.

Did I miss something?