[Pacemaker] RFC: What part of the XML configuration do you hate the most?

Satomi Taniguchi taniguchis at intellilink.co.jp
Fri Jul 25 03:03:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
(snip)

> One thing we used to do (but had to disable because we couldn't get it
> 100% right at the time) was move off the healthy resources before
> shooting the node.  I think resurrecting this feature is a better approach.

(snip)

Thank you for a wonderful idea.
I'm trying to implement this approach.

To realize this, I added a new setting, on_fail="standby".
And added a graph "standby" in pengine.
When a operation is failed, which setting is on_fail="standby",
crmd(tengine) tries to stop all resources and set the node's cib
information to standby.
Please see the attached files.
(I referred to set_standby() function in Pacemaker.
  Thanks a lot, Andrew!)

If the stop operation's setting is on_fail="fence",
STONITH is done when it is failed to set a node standby.
And when Split-Brain occurs, STONITH is done too,
because this improvement is only connection with "on_fail".

I would like to hear your opinion about this.

Best Regards,
Satomi Taniguchi