[Pacemaker] Two master colocation question

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Aug 25 16:48:25 EDT 2008

On 2008-08-25T21:30:17, Robert <reg at elconas.de> wrote:

> Is this true for protocol C too ? Shouldn't protocol C (=synchronous)
> ensure write order consitency across devices - otherwise I don't understand
> the sychronous part of protocol C wrong.

Protocol C ensures write-ordering and consistency for one drbd instance
(the local and the remote drive); not across two drbds.

But that's neither worse nor better than two independent local disks,
which exhibit exactly the same behaviour, and has to be handled at the
application level.

Regards,
    Lars