[Pacemaker] Pluggable quorum plugin for pacemaker ?

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:48:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Xinwei Hu <hxinwei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   It seems that pacemaker support internal quorum only so far. Is
>  there any plan to change that so that we can add other quorum plugins
>  into ? like qdisk from RHCS ?

When running on Heartbeat, Pacemaker consumes the membership and
quorum data from the CCM.

However OpenAIS only publishes membership information without any
quorum details.
So to fill the void there is some code that does a simple quorum
calculation inside the libcrmcluster.so library.

Ideally this code would be removed and Pacemaker would instead consume
quorum details from "something else" which could implement quorum any
way it wanted it (obviously we'd need a standardized API for this).

Unfortunately that task isn't high on my to-do list, but I'd of course
be happy to answer any questions if you (or anyone else) was
interested in implementing it (particularly if it integrated with
RedHat's quorum components).