[Pacemaker] pacemaker and the clone resource

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Apr 2 06:22:20 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-02T12:14:44, Hartje Bruns <hb at bos-bremen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> thx for all the answers.
>
> > - if you don't care which one is shut down, then set clone_max=1
>
> Thats what i've already done.

Then you should only have one clone left running, right?

> Maybe i expressed myself wrong or i dont understand it.
> I have a clone resource, so on my both nodes there is one tomcat running
> parallel. I might want to take one tomcat for maintanance.
> "Right-Clicking->Stop" on one clone-instance in hb_gui leads to shutting
> down both tomcats.

Yes - that applies the target_role to the clone itself, as intended.

> Is there a way to prevent this or is there a
> crm_resource command to just shutdown one clone-instance or am i totally
> wrong?

Not using the GUI stop button. The GUI exposes "migrate" as well though,
which can do that. And you can also use this using crm_resource -M -
that will migrate the resource away from the node, which has the desired
effect (it creates a -INFINITY location constraint for the current
node).

Regards,
    Lars