[ClusterLabs Developers] Does pacemaker support to receive the event of VIP changes?

Qing Feng Hao haoqf at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 14 03:01:34 EDT 2023

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bother, I have setup a HA cluster with pacemaker, and want to
so some special handling when VIP (virtualip) changes. VIP is the
virtual ip resource created by pcs like "* virtualip
(ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):        Started <node ip>"

But I didn't find it in ClusterMon
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/configuring_the_red_hat_high_availability_add-on_with_pacemaker/s1-eventnotification-haar,
this only mentions the fence event.  I also checked
"./pacemaker/agents/ocf/ClusterMon.in":

|<parameter name="extra_options"> <longdesc lang="en"> Additional
options to pass to crm_mon. Eg. -n -r </longdesc> <shortdesc
lang="en">Extra options</shortdesc> <content type="string" default="" />
</parameter> |

Does anyone know if pacemaker support this kind of event notification
and how to subscribe? Thanks a lot.

Best regards

QingFeng Hao