[ClusterLabs Developers] [IMPORTANT] Upcoming changes to all ClusterLabs, corosync and knet repositories

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Tue Nov 16 02:43:56 EST 2021

All,

following the current internet trends, all our github repositories will
switch from the "master" branch to "main".

This email is not meant to spark any discussion around the merit of
those trends or offend anyone, it´s simple and technical and I would
like to keep it that way.

This is a multiple day transition that will start the 27th of Dec and
end hopefully by the 30th of Dec.

The repositories change will follow the published guideline from github:
https://github.com/github/renaming

and this will happen the 27th itself, pretty fast and hopefully painless.

Upstream CI is the most affected service by this change. During those
days CI will be unavailable or bumpy.

Jenkins itself needs to do an internal transition to change the "master"
node name, plus all the CI jobs configurations and all the helper scripts.

There will be for sure disruptions in CI after the fact (for example all
the CI generated repo files will be renamed).

Details of those changes will be published after the transition is
completed. If you have any external service / scripts relying on CI
builds, be ready to adjust. I am not planning to add backward
compatibility layers around.

Cheers
Fabio