[ClusterLabs Developers] kronosnet v1.22 released
Fabio M. Di Nitto
fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Aug 30 04:15:55 EDT 2021
We are pleased to announce the general availability of kronosnet v1.22.
*** This release includes several MAJOR bug fixes and we strongly
encourage everyone to update as soon as possible ***
kronosnet (or knet for short) is the new underlying network protocol for
Linux HA components (corosync), that features the ability to use
multiple links between nodes, active/active and active/passive link
failover policies, automatic link recovery, FIPS compliant encryption
(nss and/or openssl), automatic PMTUd and in general better performance
compared to the old network protocol.
Highlights in this release:
* Fix incorrect defrag buffer index that can cause knet to stop
processing all traffic under some extreme network conditions (random
* Increase defrag buffer size to better deal with extreme network
conditions as above.
* Do not leak resources if link configuration fails
* Major rework of ACL code to match API vs implementation.
* Detect incorrect link configuration when mixing static and dynamic
* Fix knet_send_sync API to require a destination filter
* Fix knet sockaddr_storage size across the board to deal with newly
introduced checks on FreeBSD
* Minor docs updates
* Major internal test suite fixes
Known issues in this release:
* Preparation for this release spotted a long standing issue with SCTP
transport used in combination with dynamic links. This specific issue
has been in the code since SCTP has been introduced. It will be
addressed in one of the upcoming releases. The problem does NOT affect
the corosync / High Availability use case.
The source tarballs can be downloaded here:
Upstream resources and contacts:
https://trello.com/kronosnet (TODO list and activities tracking)
https://goo.gl/9ZvkLS (google shared drive with presentations and diagrams)
IRC: #kronosnet on Freenode
The knet developer team
More information about the Developers