[ClusterLabs Developers] Pacemaker 2.1.0: Should we rename the master branch?

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Oct 19 01:19:19 EDT 2020

Hi Ken,

On 10/2/2020 8:02 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 2020-10-02 1:12 p.m., Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I sent a message to the users at clusterlabs.org list about releasing
>> Pacemaker 2.1.0 next year.
>>
>> Coincidentally, there is a plan in the git and Github communities to
>> change the default git branch from "master" to "main":
>>
>>   https://github.com/github/renaming
>>
>> The rationale for the change is not the specific meaning as used in
>> branching, but rather to avoid any possibility of fostering an
>> exclusionary environment, and to replace generic metaphors with
>> something more obvious (especially to non-native English speakers).

No objections to the change, but please let´s coordinate the change
across all HA projects at once, or CI is going to break badly as the
concept of master branch is embedded everywhere and not per-project.

Since we are admin of all repositories, we can do it in one shot without
too much pain and suffering in CI. It will require probably a day or two
of CI downtime to rebuild the world as well.

Fabio