[ClusterLabs Developers] shutdown testing in pacemaker corosync cluster

Harishkumar Pathangay harishpathangay at outlook.com
Sun Nov 29 09:21:00 EST 2020

Hi,
I am new to pace maker and learnt lot of things from documentation guide
Pacemaker-2.0-Pacemaker_Administration-en-US.pdf
Pacemaker-2.0-Pacemaker_Development-en-US

I was able to successfully create a db2 resource agent which will start instance when cluster starts.
Things are not production ready, but I can reasonably say script is working in a 2-node cluster.
DB2 will run in node dragon initially. But if one node goes down it will start db2 on other node tiger.
Tow Nodes are Linux RHEL 7.8 – DRAGON and TIGER.

If I shutdown one node [say tiger] by using shut down command as root, the resources are moving to the other node [say dragon], which is good.
Now I power back on the node which was shut down earlier that is tiger node.
In pcs status I can see that the node tiger is offline.
How to bring it online?

If I try by “pcs cluster start” on node tiger, it is getting online no issues there, but there is a restart of db2 in dragon node. Why this is happening?
My expectation is if a node goes down and the resource is moved to other node, after that original nodes comes back, I do not want pacemaker to restart things or resources on existing node that is dragon in my case.
How will I configure this?

Any help will be of great significance to me. I am creating lot of db2 educational contents. Precisely this will be helpful for my next video.
Please let me know any further information required from my side.

Thanks,
Harish P
YouTube.com/db2luwacademy