[ClusterLabs Developers] kronosnet v1.14 released
Fabio M. Di Nitto
fabbione at fabbione.net
Fri Jan 31 06:38:53 EST 2020
We are pleased to announce the general availability of kronosnet v1.14
kronosnet (or knet for short) is the new underlying network protocol for
Linux HA components (corosync), that features the ability to use
multiple links between nodes, active/active and active/passive link
failover policies, automatic link recovery, FIPS compliant encryption
(nss and/or openssl), automatic PMTUd and in general better performance
compared to the old network protocol.
Highlights in this release:
* [MAJOR] different fixes in managing UDP sockets due to recent kernel
* [MAJOR] SCTP partial rewrite to make it work with newer kernels and
FreeBSD. FreeBSD users please read the updated README for new sysctl.
The development team will be working to evaluate if it's possible to
avoid this new sysctl.
* Fix internal and external latency calculator to avoid underflows,
incorrect values and be consistent.
* Fix code to deal with mixed (UDP and SCTP) environments.
* Fix common transport code to avoid spinning on EOF messages.
* Minor build fixes (support gcc10, openssl, etc).
Known issues in this release:
* FreeBSD users with SCTP configured should add a new sysctl (see README)
The source tarballs can be downloaded here:
Upstream resources and contacts:
https://trello.com/kronosnet (TODO list and activities tracking)
https://goo.gl/9ZvkLS (google shared drive with presentations and diagrams)
IRC: #kronosnet on Freenode
The knet developer team
More information about the Developers