[ClusterLabs Developers] fence-agents v4.6.0

Oyvind Albrigtsen oalbrigt at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 04:20:59 EST 2020

ClusterLabs is happy to announce fence-agents v4.7.0.

The source code is available at:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/releases/tag/v4.7.0

The most significant enhancements in this release are:
- new fence agents:
  - fence_crosslink

- bugfixes and enhancements:
  - build: add pkg-config file
  - build: depend on config changes to rebuild when running make after running ./configure
  - fence_aws: add support for IMDSv2
  - fence_gce: add baremetal support and parameter to set API call timeout/retries (#355)
  - fence_mpath, fence_scsi: capture stderr in run_cmd()
  - fence_mpath, fence_scsi: improve logging for failed res/key get
  - fence_scsi: dont write key to device if it's already registered, and open file correctly to avoid using regex against end-of-file
  - fencing: add disable-timeout parameter, and make it default when run from Pacemaker (at least 2.0+)
  - spec: add pkg-config file, and set version for obsoletes to avoid failing to build on Fedora 33
  - spec: make telnet a weak dependency

The full list of changes for fence-agents is available at:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/compare/v4.6.0...v4.7.0

Everyone is encouraged to download and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all the contributors to this release.

Best,
The fence-agents maintainers