[ClusterLabs Developers] Fencing with a Quorum Device

Hayden Pfeiffer pfeifferhayden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:33:10 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am in the process of configuring fencing in an AWS cluster of two
hosts. I have done so and nodes are correctly fenced when
communication is broken with ifconfig down tests.

However, I would also like to use a quorum device in my setup. I have
configured a third host to act as a tiebreaker, but when I try to
break communication on one of the two pacemaker hosts, the affected
host is marked as "unclean" and is not fenced.

 Is it not recommended to use fencing devices and a quorum device in
the same cluster? I cannot find any documentation relating to this
issue. Thanks,

- Hayden