[ClusterLabs Developers] FYI: Proposal for pacemaker API direction

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Tue Feb 5 12:24:57 EST 2019

On 2/5/19 7:50 AM, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 18:43 -0600, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Anyone who works on the Pacemaker code base might be interested in
>> this
>> pull request from Chris Lumens:
>>
>>   https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/pull/1696
>>
>> It's a simple idea but lays the groundwork for the future direction
>> of
>> the pacemaker C API.
>>

> Hi Ken (and Chris, if you're on the mailing list),
>
> This looks great! I have been thinking about doing something similar
> mainly to get a more tools-friendly library that could also be exposed
> to Python etc. So this looks really good to me.
Would it make sense to move useful functions/logic now in the tools into
the external library, for example some functions now in crm_mon helping
with parsing/displaying of cluster status? Eventually if the external
library becomes very easy to be used and is simply exposed with
python/go/whatever wrappers, any consumers would get the consistent
functionality and even the current pacemaker CLIs would probably become
thin wrappers as well.

Regards,
   Yan