[ClusterLabs Developers] Using ClusterLabs logo

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 12:32:27 EDT 2019

On 29/04/19 16:31 +0200, Kristoffer Grönlund wrote:
> Tomas Jelinek <tojeline at redhat.com> writes:
>> Is it OK to use ClusterLabs logo as a favicon for pcs in upstream? If
>> so, are there any conditions to meet?
>
> Yes, this would be OK to me at least (as the creator of the logo)!
>

>> I went through new logo threads in mailinglists but I didn't find
>> anything specific other than this:
>
> I don't remember the specific license we decided on back then, but at
> least to me, CC-BY would make sense, where a link to clusterlabs.org
> would be sufficient attribution I think.
>
> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Also a technical note:

Would it then be possible for you to go through *.svg files
you authored in https://github.com/ClusterLabs/clusterlabs-www.git
and add the respective licenses there?

Should be as easy as:
- open with inkscape
- Shift+Ctrl+D (File -> Document Properties)
- select the respective license (or by URI),
  perhaps edit some more metadata
- save again

Seems more appropriate for the author to do this himself if it's
indeed his intention :-)

Thanks!

--
Jan (Poki)