[ClusterLabs Developers] FYI: github policy change potentially affecting ssh/app access to repositories

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 18:44:45 EDT 2019

Hello all,

Florian Haas and Kristoffer Grönlund noticed that the ClusterLabs
organization on github currently carries over any app access that
members have given to their own accounts.

This is not significant at the moment since we don't have any private
repositories and few accounts have write access, but to stay on the
safe side, we'd like to enable OAuth access restrictions on the
organization account.

Going forward, this will simply mean that any apps that need access
will need to be approved individually by one of the administrators.

But as a side effect, this will invalidate existing apps' access as
well as some individual contributors' ssh key access to the
repositories. If you are affected, you can simply re-upload your ssh
key and it will work again.

I'll wait a couple of weeks before implementing this change in case
anyone wants to raise concerns.
--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>