[ClusterLabs Developers] [HA] future of OpenStack OCF resource agents (was: resource-agents v4.2.0)

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.de
Thu Oct 25 02:51:06 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-24 at 13:25 +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> [cross-posting to openstack-dev]
>
> Oyvind Albrigtsen <oalbrigt at redhat.com> wrote:
> [snipped]
>
> > - openstack-cinder-volume
> > - openstack-floating-ip
> > - openstack-info
>
> That's an interesting development.
>
> By popular demand from the community, in Oct 2015 the canonical
> location for OpenStack-specific resource agents became:
>
>     https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-resource-agent
> s/
>
> as announced here:
>
>     http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/0
> 77601.html

Hi Adam,

I guess I did know that but it didn't cross my mind to question the
submission, apologies. What is the relationship of the submitter of
these openstack agents to the upstream project? Are these agents copies
of your openstack agents, or completely separate developments?

Maybe the best solution would be if you could get in touch with the
submitter of these agents and see if you can join forces in maintaining
a single set of agents.

I guess this is an issue with maintaining agents outside the resource-
agents repository - the same goes for the two PostgreSQL agents in
existence. It's possible that people don't even realise that there
could be agents that are not maintained in the resource-agents
repository. :/ Maybe one solution would be to add documents in place of
the agents with links to their actual upstream.

Cheers,
Kristoffer