[ClusterLabs Developers] [ClusterLabs] resource-agents v4.2.0

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.de
Wed Oct 24 08:08:38 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-24 at 10:21 +0200, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
> ClusterLabs is happy to announce resource-agents v4.2.0.
> Source code is available at:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/releases/tag/v4.2.0

[snip]

>   - ocf.py: new Python library and dev guide

I just wanted to highlight the Python library since I think it can make
agent development a lot easier in the future, especially as we expand
the library with more utilities that are commonly needed when writing
agents.

Any agents written in Python should (for now at least) be compatible
both with Python 2.7+ and Python 3.3+. We still need to expand the CI
to actually verify that agents do support these versions, so anyone who
would like to help out improving the test setup is more than welcome to
do so :)

The biggest example of an agent using it that we have now is the azure-
events agent [1], so I would recommend anyone interested in working on
new agents to take a look at that. For a more compact example, I wrote
a version of the Dummy resource agent using the ocf.py library and put
it in a gist [2], and then there is a small example in the document
describing the library and how to use it [3].

[1]: https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbe
at/azure-events.in
[2]: https://gist.github.com/krig/6676d0ae065fd852fac8b445410e1c95
[3]: https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/doc/dev