[ClusterLabs Developers] [fence-agents] How to "login" other than ssh or telnet?

Oyvind Albrigtsen oalbrigt at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 09:34:12 UTC 2018

On 19/11/18 21:30 +0000, Jose.Delarosa at dell.com wrote:
>Do we need to use a CLI tool to implement a fence agent? I rather stay away from redfishtool to avoid having it as a dependency (and Python v3) and would rather just use the requests library directly.
No need to use CLI tool. We actually prefer using libraries where
available.

>I created a fence agent for redfish, the agent can take as argument the Systems URI or can programmatically find it as it will be different across OEMs:
>
>https://github.com/jose-delarosa/fence-agents/blob/add_redfish_fence_agent/agents/redfish/fence_redfish.py
>
>Looking for initial feedback please.
You're welcome to create a PR against our ClusterLabs repo, where we
can discuss regarding improvements. You should rename it to .py.py, so
that make replaces @PYTHON@ and other variables detected during
configure.

It's GPLv2 by default, so add a license header if you want it licensed
under another license.

>I usually don’t use tabs to indent lines, is this a requirement?
We just stay consistant with what indentation the code comes with, so
no need to worry about tab vs space for indentation.