[ClusterLabs Developers] [fence-agents] How to "login" other than ssh or telnet?

Jose.Delarosa at dell.com Jose.Delarosa at dell.com
Thu Nov 15 16:31:03 EST 2018

All,

I am looking at writing a fence agent for Redfish, which uses REST APIs to run "commands" like power off/on/status. There is no ssh login per se, as the APIs are accessed through HTTP methods (GET/POST/PATCH, etc.), so none of these can be used:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/master/lib/fencing.py.py#L968-L976
<https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/master/agents/autodetect/fencing.py#L888-L896>
I'm new to this project, so looking for insightful feedback from the project maintainers or more experience developers here as to the best way to implement a fence "login" for Redfish.

Also, is anyone here also looking at developing a Redfish fence agent? I see https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/issues/230, but not much activity, happy to collaborate.

Thank you all.

Jose Delarosa