[ClusterLabs Developers] [RFC] Time to migrate authoritative source forge elsewhere?
jpokorny at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 18:21:12 EDT 2018
On 07/06/18 15:40 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 11:01 -0400, Digimer wrote:
>> I think we need to hang tight and wait to see what the landscape
>> looks like after the dust settles. There are a lot of people on
>> different projects under the Clusterlabs group. To have them all
>> move in coordination would NOT be easy. If we do move, we need to
>> be certain that it's worth the hassle and that we're going to the
>> right place.
>> I don't think either of those can be met just now. Gitlab has had
>> some well publicized, major problems in the past. No solution I
>> know of is totally open, so it's a question of "picking your
>> poison" which doesn't make a strong "move" argument.
>> I vote to just hang tight, say for 3~6 months, then start a new
>> thread to discuss further.
> I'd wait until the dust settles to see if a clear favorite emerges.
> Hopefully this will spur the other projects to compete more strongly on
> My gut feeling is that ClusterLabs may end up self-hosting one or
> another of the open(ish) projects; our traffic is low enough it
> shouldn't involve much admin. But as you suggested, I wouldn't look
> forward to the migration. It's a time sink that means less coding on
> our projects.
Hopefully not at all:
Btw. just to prevent any sort of squatting, I've registered
https://gitlab.com/ClusterLabs & sharing now the intended dedication
of this namespace publicly in a signed email in case it will turn
up useful and the bus factor or whatever kicks in.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Developers