[ClusterLabs Developers] [RFC] Time to migrate authoritative source forge elsewhere?

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Thu Jun 7 14:38:47 EDT 2018

Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> writes:

> Kristoffer Gronlund <kgronlund at suse.com> wrote:
>>So GitLab has a problem that AFAIK even GitHub didn't have, where
>>certain crucial features are only in the enterprise edition -
>
> You're portraying GitLab as worse than GitHub here, but your logic is
> backwards ;-)  *All* of GitHub's functionality is non-libre, whereas
> only certain features of GitLab are.

Ah, I wasn't talking about license problems but feature parity. My
glance through the list of features only found in the enterprise edition
made me think that the open version lacks some features that github
currently has.

Regarding licensing, the announcement about enabling additional features
for open source projects seems to conflate Free as in Libre with free
as in no one is getting paid, which is a bit concerning...

Anyway, I'm not *against* GitLab, I'm just not convinced it's worth
moving to the hosted version due to concerns with the future of GitHub.

Yet.

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--