[ClusterLabs Developers] Reference to private bugzillas in commit messages

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Tue Jan 9 11:00:35 EST 2018

Hi,

unfortunately we are not in an ideal world.

We are all working in an open source environment and on a common target
with making HA reliant, easy to use and better than yesterday. But we
are not working on a single bench.

I wonder if the real issue is about missing context for a
changelog/commit entry, the link to an external information resource, or
the link to a hidden information source?

> (e.g., I don't understand why the explanation did not go into
>      the commit itself in case of

For me this sounds like the issue is missing context in the
commit/change log and the need to pull another source to understand what
something is about.

(of course, it is annoying the other source isn't available for whatever
reason).

I don't see an issue by having a tracking tag (which by my
non-engineering view it is). But by missing context.

Bottom line, for me it sounds like demand for more verbal notes to
commits, so there is no need to access information outside of the commit
itself.

As said, I'm not a developer anymore, so if it does not fit development
standards, please let me know (privately, so I can learn from it).

Best regards,
kai