[ClusterLabs Developers] Reference to private bugzillas in commit messages

Kristoffer Grönlund deceiver.g at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:58:28 UTC 2018

Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> writes:

> However, there is a solution!  Assuming there is no confidential
> information in a bug such as log files or other info provided by one
> of our customers, any SUSE employee can set any of these bugs as being
> visible externally.  And indeed this should be done as much as
> possible.
>
> If there *is* confidential information, but it is desired for the fix
> to be public (e.g. referenced within a commit message in, say, the
> Pacemaker repository), then I would recommend my colleagues to ensure
> that there are two bugs: a private one containing the confidential
> information, which links to a public one which contains all the
> information which can be shared with the upstream FL/OSS project.
>
> Kristoffer, does that approach work for you and your team?

It makes sense, yes. I will try to follow this approach as much as
possible and remind our team to ensure that bugzilla references upstream
lead to meaningful information. Of course, I should also say that for
anyone interested in a particular bugzilla issue, feel free to ask us to
open it if it is private. I tend to forget about it and as Adam says,
they are private by default..

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--