[ClusterLabs Developers] New challenges with corosync 3/kronosnet + pacemaker

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Feb 9 18:51:25 EST 2018

On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 12:52 -0500, Digimer wrote:
> On 2018-02-09 03:27 AM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > there is certainly whole can of these worms, put first that crosses
> > my mind: performing double (de)compression on two levels of
> > abstraction
> > in the inter-node communication is not very clever, to put it
> > mildly.
> >
> > So far, just pacemaker was doing that for itself under certain
> > conditions, now corosync 3 will have it's iron in this fire through
> > kronosnet, too.  Perhaps something to keep in mind to avoid
> > exercises in futility.
>
> Can pacemaker be told to not do compression? If not, can that be
> added
> in pacemaker v2?

Or better yet, is there some corosync API call we can use to determine
whether corosync/knet is using compression?

There's currently no way to turn compression off in Pacemaker, however
it is only used for IPC messages that pass a fairly high size
threshold, so many clusters would be unaffected even without changes.
--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>