[ClusterLabs Developers] Announcing the Anvil! version 2.0.4
lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Feb 14 21:30:43 EST 2018
Welcome to the Anvil! Intelligent Availability™ release v2.0.4!
This is a significant release with new features and bug fixes. Existing
users are encouraged to update.
Notable New features;
* HP Proliant servers are now support via the new 'scan-hpacucli' scan
agent. Note: We can not include the 'hpacucli' RPM with the Anvil!
install media. Please install this RPM on each node manually to enable
this agent. Nothing beyond installing the RPM is needed.
* Dell Poweredge servers are now fully supported.
* Added support for LANPlus-based IPMI fencing, as well as custom IPMI
user names in Install Manifests.
* Created the new 'anvil-manage-disks' tool for adding, removing or
growing "hard drives" connected to servers.
* Created the new 'fence_apc_alteeve' fence handler that properly
handles newer APC PDUs that report an SNMP error on outlet state change,
causing 'fence_apc_snmp' to report fence failure when the fence action
in fact succeeded.
* Added the new 'scancore::agent_timeout' variable (default 300 seconds)
that limits how long an agent can run for before being declared hung and
Notable Bug Fixes;
* The 'scan-apc-ups' agent properly removes UPSes that are removed from
the 'hosts' file. This improves the handling of load shedding and
emergency shutdown decision making in complex power configurations.
* Improved handling of node cache data when the password is changed on
an Anvil! node.
* Fixed how 'striker-update' updates data in the HTML directories on
* Fixed a bug where a notification target with an empty recipient name
would cause alerts to not be delivered to that recipient.
* Improved handling of ScanCore database resync after extended node or
* Improved storage partition handling and "Restart" button linking when
an Install Manifest run had to abort and be restarted.
* Fixed a bug on RHEL-based Striker dashboards with ASIX-based USB
ethernet adapters that weren't recompiled after a kernel update.
Added better handling of new APC UPS firmware that removed some OIDs.
A full listing on changes can be found here.
Special thanks to "nummysquee" who did the heavy lifting of testing and
re-testing this release!
Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.com/w/
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of
Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent
have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould
More information about the Developers