[ClusterLabs Developers] resource-agents v4.1.0 rc1

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 16 08:14:31 EST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 03:16:04PM +0100, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
> ClusterLabs is happy to announce resource-agents v4.1.0 rc1.
> Source code is available at:
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/releases/tag/v4.1.0rc1
>
> The most significant enhancements in this release are:
> - new resource agents:
>  - aws-vpc-route53
>  - LVM-activate

There was a long and, unfortunately, fruitless discussion
regarding this new version of LVM RA and whether it can be merged
with the existing LVM RA. In spite of no consensus, Kristoffer
eventually merged it. There is now a plugin like system in LVM
which should make adding new mechanisms such as lvmlockd easy,
but the contributors didn't try yet to adjust the new LVM.
Furthermore, in case we agree that having two LVM versions is the
best way forward, such refactoring would also significantly
reduce code duplication.

Thanks,

Dejan

P.S. Right now irrelevant, but LVM-activate doesn't seem like a
good name.