[ClusterLabs Developers] resource-agents v4.1.0 rc1

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Nov 20 21:09:54 UTC 2017

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> writes:

> The drawback compared to the planned approach is that the user wouldn't
> be warned that they're using an old name.

That's true. The agent could look at OCF_RESOURCE_PROVIDER and prepend a
deprecation warning to the metadata description if it is an old name.

Maybe that's complicating things too much, though. I don't know how much
of a problem it would be in practice. There isn't really any reason to
ever stop providing the old names unless the agent is removed, and in
that case the user would definitely know. :)

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund