[ClusterLabs Developers] New LVM resource agent name (currently LVM-activate)

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Thu Nov 23 08:25:44 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

> lvm2:
> Good - It's obvious it's a newer/better version of the lvm agent.
> Bad - It may be associated with the lvm2 commands which we are working
> on phasing out.

At first, I thought LVM2 seems good because users probably get an idea
that it's a new version,
something to replace the existing LVM, like IPaddr2 to IPaddr, it's not
something co-existing/co-working
with LVM. But, some users may relate the version number ("2") with LVM2
project itself.

> Does anyone else have any other ideas for names or preferences? (Or
> reasons to keep the current LVM-activate name?).

As David said, LVM-activate can express its whole meaning - just to
manage activation of logical volumes.
Well, I don't know, it's hard to choose :-/

Anyway, it's good idea to announce this new RAs and lvmlockd/systemid
features in clusterlab user ML at some point.

I've asked our QA to schedule a testing on the RAs soon, and I also find
some potential improvements to do
in my next pull request. Plus to the naming issue, I would appreciate
any testing/pull-request for this RAs :)

Thanks,
Eric