[ClusterLabs Developers] bundle/docker: zombie process on resource stop

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jul 28 15:04:59 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 09:04 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 27/07/17 17:40 -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:

> >> As with docker/moby kind of bundles, pacemaker on host knows when it
> >> sets pacemaker_remoted as the command to be run within the container
> >> or not, it would be possible for it in such case check whether this
> >> remote peer is recent enough to cope with zombie reaping and prevent
> >> it from running any resources if not.
> >
> > Leaving zombies behind is preferable to being unable to use containers
> > with an older pacemaker_remoted installed. A common use case of
> > containers is to run some legacy application that requires an old OS
> > environment. The ideal usage there would be to compile a newer pacemaker
> > for it, but many users won't have that option.
>
> I was talking about in-bundle use case (as opposed to generic
> pacemaker-remote one) in particular where it might be preferable

Right, bundles talk to pacemaker_remoted inside the container. The
cluster nodes have to be 1.1.17+ to support bundles, but the container
OS can have any pacemaker version that supports pacemaker remote (though
of course, 1.1.17+ is preferred for the zombie reaping as well as other
generic remote bugfixes).