[ClusterLabs Developers] [ClusterLabs] [HA/ClusterLabs Summit] Key-Signing Party, 2017 Edition

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 14:59:08 UTC 2017

On 23/07/17 12:32 +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> Jan Pokorný <jpokorny at redhat.com> wrote:
>> So, going to attend summit and want your key signed while reciprocally
>> spreading the web of trust?
>> Awesome, let's reuse the steps from the last time:
>>
>> Once you have a key pair (and provided that you are using GnuPG),
>> please run the following sequence:
>>
>>   # figure out the key ID for the identity to be verified;
>>   # IDENTITY is either your associated email address/your name
>>   # if only single key ID matches, specific key otherwise
>>   # (you can use "gpg -K" to select a desired ID at the "sec" line)
>>   KEY=$(gpg --with-colons 'IDENTITY' | grep '^pub' | cut -d: -f5)
>
> AFAICS this has two problems: it's missing a --list-key option,

Bummer!  I've been checking the original thread(s) for responses from
others, but forgot to check my own:
http://lists.linux-ha.org/pipermail/linux-ha/2015-January/048511.html

Thanks for spotting (and the public key already sent), Adam.

> and it doesn't handle multiple matches for 'IDENTITY'.  So to make it
> choose the newest key if there are several:
>
>    read IDENTITY
>    KEY=$(gpg --with-colons --list-key "$IDENTITY" | grep '^pub' |
>              sort -t: -nr -k6 | head -n1 | cut -d: -f5)

Good point.  Hopefully affected persons, allegedly heavy users of GPG,
are capable to adapt on-the-fly anyway :-)

--
Jan (Poki)