[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_inactive_uname never set ?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 15:16:51 UTC 2017

On 01/20/2017 08:16 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While working on a patch in regard with the recent fix for
> OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_active_*  in 1.1.16, I found another strange
> behavior with the "notify_inactive_uname" variable: it seems it just never
> exists whatever I do. It is not even empty, just not existing.
>
> I did multiple tests with a node hosting 0 resources, a node in standby, etc.
> Each time triggering some cluster action while the node was already hosting no
> resources.
>
> Note that "notify_inactive_resource" do exists, either empty or filled with
> stopped resources.
>
> While grep'ing in my debug files, I find 29 "notify_inactive_resource", 0
> "notify_inactive_uname":
>
>   # cat test-148492* | grep inactive | sort | uniq -c
>      29 OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_inactive_resource = ''pgsqld:2''
>
> Shouldn't it at least exists? Even with an empty value as other notify variables?
>
> According to Pacemaker documentation, "notify_*_resource" and "notify_*_uname"
> come in pairs, so I guess if a resource is listed in "notify_inactive_resource"
> it should have a corresponding entry in "notify_inactive_uname", isn't it?
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Regards,

The documentation could be clarified ...

Each *_uname variable lists the nodes that the corresponding *_resource
entries are running on. Since inactive resources aren't running on any
node, that's the only *_resource variable that doesn't have a matching
*_uname.

In other words, inactive_uname would not be a list of inactive nodes,
nor a list of nodes not running the inactive resources, it would be a
list of nodes running the inactive resources.