[ClusterLabs Developers] Moving cluster project (Was: Moving gfs2-utils away from fedorahosted.org)

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 21:18:03 EST 2017

On 17/01/17 22:27 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 17/01/17 21:14 +0000, Andrew Price wrote:
>> On 17/01/17 19:58, Jan Pokorný wrote:
>>> So I think we should arrange for a move to pagure.io for this cluster
>>> project as well if possible, if only to retain the ability to change
>>> something should there be a need.
>> Good plan.
>>> I can pursuit this if there are no complaints.  Just let me know
>>> (off-list) who aspires to cluster-maint group (to be created)
>>> membership.
>> Could you give the gfs2-utils-maint group push access to the cluster project
>> once it's been set up? (It is possible to add many groups to a project.) I
>> think that would be the most logical way to do it.
> Sure and thanks for a cumulative access assignment tip.
> I'll proceed on Friday or early next week, then.

Well, scheduler of mine didn't get to it until now, so sorry
to anyone starting to worry.

So what's been done:

- git repo moved over to https://pagure.io/linux-cluster/cluster
  + granted commit rights for gfs2-utils-maint group
    (and will add some more folks to linux-cluster group,
    feel free to bug me off-list about that)
  + mass-committed an explanation change to every branch at
    the discontinued fedorahosted.org (fh.o) provider I could,
    as some are already frozen
  . I've decided to use a namespace (because there are possibly
    more projects to be migrated under that label), and have
    stuck with linux-cluster referring to the mailing list of
    the same name that once actively served to discuss the
    cluster stack in question (and is quite abandoned nowadays)

- quickly added backup location links at
  https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/ and
  https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI, i.e.,
  the pages that seem most important to me, to allow for
  smooth "forward compatibility"; the links currently refer
  to vain stubs at ClusterLabs wiki, but that can be solved
  later on -- I am still unsure if trac wikis at fh.o will
  be served in the next phase or shut down right away and
  apparently this measure will help only in the former case

What to do:
- move releases over to pagure.io as well:
- possibly migrate some original wiki content to proper
  "doc pages" exposed directly through pagure.io
- resolve the question of the linked wiki stubs and
  cross-linking as such

Any comments?  Ideas?

Jan (Poki)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/developers/attachments/20170228/aeb83f1b/attachment-0002.sig>

More information about the Developers mailing list