[ClusterLabs Developers] [Linux-ha-dev] Announcing crmsh release 2.1.7

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Thu Sep 1 04:27:27 EDT 2016

Darren Thompson <darrent at akurit.com.au> writes:

> Just a quick question:
>
> If "scripts: no-quorum-policy=ignore" is becoming depreciated, how are we
> to manage two node (e.g. test) clusters that require this work around since
> quorum state on a single node is an odd state.

Hi Darren,

There are better mechanisms in corosync and Pacemaker for handling two
node clusters now while still maintaining quorum.

In corosync 2, we have the two_node: 1 setting for votequorum, which
ensures that a two node cluster doesn't suffer split brain (fencing is
required for this to work properly).

There is an explanation for how this works here:

http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/Votequorum_Intro.pdf

Somewhat related, there used to be the start-delay meta parameter which
could be set for example for sbd stonith resources, to make a
double-fencing scenario less likely. This has now been replaced by the
pcmk_delay_max parameter. For an example of how to use this, see this
pull request for sbd:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/sbd/pull/15/commits/ca2fba836eab169f0c8cacf7f3757c0485bcfef8

Cheers,
Kristoffer