[ClusterLabs Developers] RA as a systemd wrapper -- the right way?

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 20:40:21 CEST 2016

Hello,

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/846 seems to be
a first crack on integrating systemd to otherwise init-system-unaware
resource-agents.

As pacemaker already handles native systemd integration, I wonder if
it wouldn't be better to just allow, on top of that, perhaps as
special "systemd+hooks" class of resources that would also accept
"hooks" (meta) attribute pointing to an executable implementing
formalized API akin to OCF (say on-start, on-stop, meta-data
actions) that would take care of initial reflecting on the rest of
the parameters + possibly a cleanup later on.

Technically, something akin to injecting Environment, ExecStartPre
and ExecStopPost to the service definition might also achieve the
same goal if there's a transparent way to do it from pacemaker using
just systemd API (I don't know).

Indeed, the scenario I have in mind would make do with separate
"prepare grounds" agent, suitably grouped with such systemd-class
resource, but that seems more fragile configuration-wise (this
is not the granularity cluster administrator would be supposed
to be thinking in, IMHO, just as with ocf class).

Just thinking aloud before the can is open.

--
Jan (Poki)