[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF_ERR_ARGS vs OCF_ERR_INSTALLED

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Wed Nov 9 10:57:22 EST 2016

Hi,

It seems OCF_ERR_ARGS has different meanings according to documentations:

  http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-ocf-return-codes.html
  «The resource’s configuration is not valid on this machine. E.g. it refers to
  a location not found on the node. »

  http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/dev-guides/_literal_ocf_err_args_literal_2.html
  «The resource agent was invoked with incorrect arguments. This is a safety
  net "can’t happen" error which the resource agent should only return when
  invoked with, for example, an incorrect number of command line arguments.»

When I want to test on the local node if the resource is in the good path,
using the correct version, with needed setup etc, correctly, I'm not sure if I
should return either OCF_ERR_ARGS or OCF_ERR_INSTALLED because of this subtle
different definitions...

I suppose "Pacemaker Explained" is a bit fresher source of documentation?