[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_active_* always empty

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon May 2 18:59:55 EDT 2016

On 04/28/2016 04:47 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> While testing and experiencing with our RA for PostgreSQL, I found the
> meta_notify_active_* variables seems always empty. Here is an example of
> these variables as they are seen from our RA during a migration/switchover:
>

>   {
>     'type' => 'pre',
>     'operation' => 'demote',
>     'active' => [],
>     'inactive' => [],
>     'start' => [],
>     'stop' => [],
>     'demote' => [
>                   {
>                     'rsc' => 'pgsqld:1',
>                     'uname' => 'hanode1'
>                   }
>                 ],
>
>     'master' => [
>                   {
>                     'rsc' => 'pgsqld:1',
>                     'uname' => 'hanode1'
>                   }
>                 ],
>
>     'promote' => [
>                    {
>                      'rsc' => 'pgsqld:0',
>                      'uname' => 'hanode3'
>                    }
>                  ],
>     'slave' => [
>                  {
>                    'rsc' => 'pgsqld:0',
>                    'uname' => 'hanode3'
>                  },
>                  {
>                    'rsc' => 'pgsqld:2',
>                    'uname' => 'hanode2'
>                  }
>                ],
>
>   }
>
> In case this comes from our side, here is code building this:
>
>   https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/blob/6e86284bc647ef1e81f01f047f1862e40ba62906/lib/OCF_Functions.pm#L444
>
> But looking at the variable itself in debug logs, I always find it empty, in
> various situations (switchover, recover, failover).
>
> If I understand the documentation correctly, I would expect 'active' to list
> all the three resources, shouldn't it? Currently, to bypass this, we
> consider: active == master + slave

You're right, it should. The pacemaker code that generates the "active"
variables is the same used for "demote" etc., so it seems unlikely the
issue is on pacemaker's side. Especially since your code treats active
etc. differently from demote etc., it seems like it must be in there
somewhere, but I don't see where.

Which debug logs are you referring to?