[ClusterLabs Developers] corosync make rpm fails with released version 2.3.5

Anup Halarnkar anuph at us.ibm.com
Sat Jun 25 14:40:44 EDT 2016

(See attached file: corosync_make_rpm_error.txt)

Hi all,

I am building released tar.gz of corosync v2.3.5 from github. Log is
attached for your refrerence:

OS: RHEL 7.2
Arch: PPC64LE

Summary of log:
corosync.spec.in > corosync.spec-t; \
chmod a-w corosync.spec-t
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
chmod: cannot access ‘corosync.spec-t’: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [corosync.spec] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ha/corosync/corosync-2.3.5'
make: *** [rpm] Error 2

Note:
I am however able to build using make rpm if I clone from master branch.
So, I think this is specific to released tar balls.

Will greatly appreciate any inputs on above. Please let me know if you need
more information.

Thanks and Regards,
Anup Halarnkar