[ClusterLabs Developers] Resurrecting OCF

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 14:51:24 UTC 2016

On 07/19/2016 04:33 PM, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
> On 19/07/16 14:35, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 11:13:42AM -0500, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>>> A suggestion came up recently to formalize a new version of the OCF
>>> resource agent API standard[1].
>>>
>>> The main goal would be to formalize the API as it is actually used
>>> today, and to replace the "unique" meta-data attribute with two new
>>> attributes indicating uniqueness and reloadability. We could also add
>>> the fence agent API as a new spec, or expand the RA spec to cover both.

might think of alert-agents here as well ...

having ambivalent thoughts about it myself:

- new feature that might be altered as result of feedback frequently,
maybe in an incompatible way
  so putting effort into formalizing the API might not be worth it or
even make it harder to do
  incompatible changes
- formalizing the API together with the other agent-APIs might foster
usage of the feature -
  create feedback - lead to quicker approximation of the feature