[ClusterLabs Developers] Resurrecting OCF

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 03:59:54 EDT 2016

On 08/20/2016 12:08 AM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 19/08/16 13:12 +0200, Jan Pokorný wrote:

>>> (apparently missing)
>>>
>>>    - $0 "$@"
>> (apparently should have been, also in the shortcut path above)
>>
>>    - <figured out new path to be called> "$@"

> ...or more complex, but perhaps more systemic solution would be for
> __cl_compat__ script to hook into meta-data action, also to set
> <resource-agent name="<name>"> correctly.  Hmm, was that parameter
> ever useful/meaningful, provided that caller already knows which
> name it invoked?  Anyway, that's the place that could carry
> use-alias="<alias>" with the same purpose as previously mentioned
> new action (that would not normally be announced in metadata,
> otherwise we are back at wrapping output of the original...).

Remember to have used a link to an OCF-Agent - which had
a slightly different behavior when called via the link - before.
As far as I remember the meta-data was static though and
it was working as supposed.
But that was some time ago and I was using crmsh.
I guess the place to check if a divergence between
meta-data and filename creates troubles would be the
high-level tooling.
Anyway an alternative way to go here might be to allow
an asterisk (or more complex the introduction of a
variable holding the file(link)-name or maybe even
just using `basename $0`) here for the meta-data that
is filled automatically according to file/link-name.