[ClusterLabs Developers] Potential logo for Cluster Labs

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Wed Aug 24 21:29:59 UTC 2016

Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/24/2016 03:47 PM, Digimer wrote:

> >> Not a bad idea to start with.

Agreed, looks like a decent start.

> >> I just hope the graphic source boils down to vectors (preferably SVG).
> >> We are not binary patchers, afterall ;-)

Big +1 for SVG :-)

> > I like the core idea, too.
> >
> > If you want, we've got a designer on retainer that we use. I'd be happy
> > to pass your idea of the cluster + nodes (which I really like) and see
> > what he can pop out. You're taking the lead on this though, so I will
> > leave any final decision to you. I'm a big fan of doocracies. :P
>
> That would be amazingly generous :-)

Yeah, having a designer involved would be awesome.

FWIW, the first idea which came to my mind when thinking about a
Cluster Labs logo was a ring topology (similar to this one[0] but more
circular with ~12-16 nodes, all of them with a smaller radius relative
to the main circle) with a light bulb icon in the middle of the ring.
So the circle of nodes would obviously represent "Cluster" and the
light bulb would represent "Labs".

My second idea was that instead of each node being a simple circle, it
could be shaped like a light bulb icon.  Then the central light bulb
could be ditched, and potentially replaced with lines between every
node, making it a true mesh cluster rather than just a ring.

But maybe they are both dumb ideas - I'm no designer ;-)  Feel free to
take them or leave them ...

[0] https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/NetworkTopology-Ring.png