[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_notify_active_* always empty

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Thu Apr 28 05:47:46 EDT 2016

Hello all,

While testing and experiencing with our RA for PostgreSQL, I found the
meta_notify_active_* variables seems always empty. Here is an example of
these variables as they are seen from our RA during a migration/switchover:

  {
    'type' => 'pre',
    'operation' => 'demote',
    'active' => [],
    'inactive' => [],
    'start' => [],
    'stop' => [],
    'demote' => [
                  {
                    'rsc' => 'pgsqld:1',
                    'uname' => 'hanode1'
                  }
                ],

    'master' => [
                  {
                    'rsc' => 'pgsqld:1',
                    'uname' => 'hanode1'
                  }
                ],

    'promote' => [
                   {
                     'rsc' => 'pgsqld:0',
                     'uname' => 'hanode3'
                   }
                 ],
    'slave' => [
                 {
                   'rsc' => 'pgsqld:0',
                   'uname' => 'hanode3'
                 },
                 {
                   'rsc' => 'pgsqld:2',
                   'uname' => 'hanode2'
                 }
               ],

  }

In case this comes from our side, here is code building this:

  https://github.com/dalibo/PAF/blob/6e86284bc647ef1e81f01f047f1862e40ba62906/lib/OCF_Functions.pm#L444

But looking at the variable itself in debug logs, I always find it empty, in
various situations (switchover, recover, failover).

If I understand the documentation correctly, I would expect 'active' to list
all the three resources, shouldn't it? Currently, to bypass this, we
consider: active == master + slave

Comments? Help?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo