[ClusterLabs Developers] fencing-topology change in 1.1.14 (especially for pcs/crm authors)
kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 11:27:53 EDT 2015
As announced on users at clusterlabs.org, the next Pacemaker release
will allow fencing topology targets specified by node attribute. This
may affect tools that use Pacemaker's CLI interface or CIB XML,
especially command shells like pcs and crm.
To be compatible with the new syntax, such tools may need changes:
* When validating user input for topology target, NAME=VALUE and
NAME:VALUE are now acceptable in addition to node name or node name regex
* Don't confuse NAME:VALUE with an IPv6 address, which must have more
than one ':'
* If using the target value to generate the XML ID, sanitize '=' or ':'
(e.g. convert to '-' or whatever)
* When displaying target values back to the user, don't assume that the
value is a node name (e.g. label as "Target" instead of "Node", or query
which nodes have the attribute, or something similar)
* Make sure two equals don't cause problems for parsers (e.g.
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>
More information about the Developers