[ClusterLabs] corosync service stopping

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 03:56:54 EDT 2024

Hi,
I will reply just to "sysadmin" question:

On 26/04/2024 14:43, Alexander Eastwood via Users wrote:
> Dear Reid,

> Why does the corosync log say ’shutdown by sysadmin’ when the shutdown was triggered by pacemaker? Isn’t this misleading?

This basically means shutdown was triggered by calling corosync cfg api.
I can agree "sysadmin" is misleading. Problem is, same cfg api call is
used by corosync-cfgtool and corosync-cfgtool is used in systemd service
file and here it is really probably sysadmin who initiated the shutdown.

Currently the function where this log message is printed has no
information about which process initiated shutdown. It knows only nodeid.

It would be possible to log some more info (probably also with
proc_name) in the cfg API function call, but then it is probably good
candidate for DEBUG log level.

So do you think "shutdown by cfg request" would be less misleading?

Regards
   Honza