[ClusterLabs] Unable to start Apache resource

Bartosz Kaczyński bkaczynski at posteo.net
Fri Sep 29 03:50:48 EDT 2023

Reid Wahl <nwahl at redhat.com> writes:

> [...]
>>

>> <IfDefine SSL>
>>         <IfDefine !NOSSL>
>>         <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>>
>>                 Listen 172.17.17.101:8443
>>
>>         </IfModule>
>>         </IfDefine>
>> </IfDefine>
>>

>> - Ensured file synchronization using csync2
>> - Created a resource group with primitives for the IP and Apache resources

>> crm configure
>> group g-apache2_1 p-IP_101 p-apache2_1 description="Apache2 Instance 1"
>> commit
>>
>> - Started the resources, resulting in an error (logs provided below)

>> Failed Resource Actions:
>>   * p-apache2_1_start_0 on node01 'not installed' (5): call=24, status='complete', exitreason='environment is invalid, resource considered stopped', last-rc-change='Tue Sep 19 17:17:49 2023', queued=0ms, exec=39ms
>>   * p-apache2_1_start_0 on node02 'not installed' (5): call=26, status='complete', exitreason='environment is invalid, resource considered stopped', last-rc-change='Tue Sep 19 15:46:48 2023', queued=0ms, exec=40ms

>> crm configure rsctest p-apache2_1
>> INFO: Probing resources
>> INFO: Testing on node01: p-apache2_1
>> ERROR: host node01 (exit code 5)
>>
>> INFO: Testing on node02: p-apache2_1
>> ERROR: host node02 (exit code 5)
>>

>> The Apache server is installed on both nodes

>> node01:~ # zypper se -i apache2
>> Reading installed packages...
>>
>> S  | Name            | Summary                                          | Type
>> ---+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------+--------
>> i+ | apache2         | The Apache Web Server                            | package
>> i  | apache2-prefork | Apache 2 "prefork" MPM (Multi-Processing Module) | package
>> i  | apache2-utils   | Apache 2 utilities                               | package
>> node01:~ # ssh node02 zypper se -i apache2
>> Reading installed packages...
>>
>> S  | Name            | Summary                                          | Type
>> ---+-----------------+--------------------------------------------------+--------
>> i+ | apache2         | The Apache Web Server                            | package
>> i  | apache2-prefork | Apache 2 "prefork" MPM (Multi-Processing Module) | package
>> i  | apache2-utils   | Apache 2 utilities                               | package
>>
>> and the firewall is disabled. What else can I check?
>
> Are there any more logs (for example, in /var/log/messages) from the
> apache resource agent?
>
> The "environment is invalid, resource considered stopped" message
> comes from handle_invalid_env() in the ocf-rarun file (installed at
> /usr/lib/ocf/lib/heartbeat/ocf-rarun on my machine). It can happen if
> one of the required binaries is not installed **or** if the apache
> resource agent's validate_all() function fails.
>
> The required binaries list is empty for the apache resource agent, so
> I suppose validate_all() is failing. There should be something in the

Thank you for your response and the guidance - they are certainly
helpful. Fortunately, the issue turned out to be more trivial. I made
a mistake in defining the primitive resource for Apache, specifying a
non-existent file, `/etc/apache2/http_1.conf`, as a parameter instead of
`/etc/apache2/httpd_1.conf`, causing the problem. After correcting the
filename, the resource started without any issues.

Best regards,
Bartosz Kaczyński