[ClusterLabs] Mutually exclusive resources ?

Adam Cecile acecile at le-vert.net
Wed Sep 27 10:24:17 EDT 2023

On 9/27/23 16:02, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-09-27 at 15:42 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 3:21 PM Adam Cecile<acecile at le-vert.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> I'm struggling to understand if it's possible to create some kind
>>> of constraint to avoid two different resources to be running on the
>>> same host.
>>>
>>> Basically, I'd like to have floating IP "1" and floating IP "2"
>>> always being assigned to DIFFERENT nodes.
>>>
>>> Is that something possible ?
>> Sure, negative colocation constraint.
>>
>>> Can you give me a hint ?
>>>
>> Using crmsh:
>>
>> colcoation IP1-no-with-IP2 -inf: IP1 IP2
>>
>>> Thanks in advance, Adam.
> To elaborate, use -INFINITY if you want the IPs to *never* run on the
> same node, even if there are no other nodes available (meaning one of
> them has to stop). If you *prefer* that they run on different nodes,
> but want to allow them to run on the same node in a degraded cluster,
> use a finite negative score.

That's exactly what I tried to do:

crm configure primitive Freeradius systemd:freeradius.service op start
interval=0 timeout=120 op stop interval=0 timeout=120 op monitor
interval=60 timeout=100
crm configure clone Clone-Freeradius Freeradius

crm configure primitive Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-1 IPaddr2 params
ip=10.1.1.1 nic=eth0 cidr_netmask=24 meta migration-threshold=2 op
monitor interval=60 timeout=30 resource-stickiness=50
crm configure primitive Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-2 IPaddr2 params
ip=10.1.1.2 nic=eth0 cidr_netmask=24 meta migration-threshold=2 op
monitor interval=60 timeout=30 resource-stickiness=50

crm configure location Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-1-Prefer-BRT
Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-1 50: infra-brt
crm configure location Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-2-Prefer-BTZ
Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-2 50: infra-btz
crm configure colocation Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-Different-Nodes -100:
Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-1 Shared-IPv4-Cisco-ISE-2

My hope is that IP1 stays in infra-brt and IP2 goes on infra-btz. I want
to allow them to keep running on different host so I also added
stickiness. However, I really do not want them to both run on same node
so I added a colocation with negative higher score.

Does it looks good to you ?