[ClusterLabs] PostgreSQL HA on EL9

Larry G. Mills lgmills at fnal.gov
Wed Sep 13 13:56:48 EDT 2023

> On my RHEL 9 test cluster, both "reboot" and "systemctl reboot" wait
> for the cluster to stop everything.
>
> I think in some environments "reboot" is equivalent to "systemctl
> reboot --force" (kill all processes immediately), so maybe see if
> "systemctl reboot" is better.
>

> > On EL7, this scenario caused the cluster to shut itself down on the
> > node before the OS shutdown completed, and the DB resource was
> > stopped/shutdown before the OS stopped.  On EL9, this is not the
> > case, the DB resource is not stopped before the OS shutdown
> > completes.  This leads to errors being thrown when the cluster is
> > started back up on the rebooted node similar to the following:

Ken,

Thanks for the reply - and that's interesting that RHEL9 behaves as expected and AL9 seemingly doesn't.   I did try shutting down via "systemctl reboot", but the cluster and resources were still not stopped cleanly before the OS stopped.  In fact, the commands "shutdown" and "reboot" are just symlinks to systemctl on AL9.2, so that make sense why the behavior is the same.

Just as a point of reference, my systemd version is: systemd.x86_64                             252-14.el9_2.3

Larry